List:       kde-maemo
Subject:    [Kde-maemo] KDE packaging for Maemo
From:       vkrause () kde ! org (Volker Krause)
Date:       2010-01-26 17:06:53

On Monday 25 January 2010 09:56:26 Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Am Freitag, 22. Januar 2010 19:47:18 schrieb Alexis M?nard:
> > Before packaging KDE itself we need to package the dependencies that
> > are required.
>
> Very true.
> We (as in the team at KDAB and Intevation) also need this,
> so we will help the effort significantly.
>
> > - redland 1.0.9
> > - virtuoso as an alternative
>
> We do not believe in redland, so it probably hasto be virtuoso.

right, but that is only one part of the story. Redland as a storage backend is
indeed unusabel. However, the Redland/Raptor/Rasql libraries also contain
parsers for the variouls data formats, ontologies and query languages and are
still required by Soprano for that.

Anyway, working packages for those already exist in extras-devel and I was
able to build a fully functional Nepomuk with that (with building Virtuoso
myself) on Maemo/x86 (it also builds completely on Maemo/arm but my N900 died
before I could test if it really works there).

regards
Volker