List:       kde-maemo
Subject:    [Kde-maemo] KDE requirements for Qt 4.6?
From:       menard () kde ! org (=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Alexis_M=E9nard?=)
Date:       2010-01-08 13:00:23

I successfully build almost all
kdesupport/kdelibs/kdepimlibs/kdebase/kdeplasma-addons/ based on Qt
4.6 for Maemo 5 (using Scratchbox). Build i said.

I'm working mainly on Plasma so i only focus on that part. KDE
requires lot of work to be usable on the device, i tried to applied
the specific GTK/Maemo5 style to KDE (using system settings) but the
result is really ugly...
KDE hijack the palette so if you want to rely on the Maemo5 style to
get proper colors we need to fix KDE ( i commented the line in
KApplication if my memory is good). Fonts are really tiny by default
even if KDE is set as "use default" whereas a pure Qt app with the
port get proper font size.

I have notes on my laptop on all problems, i'll post that later.