List:       kde-mac
Subject:    Re: [KDE/Mac] another round of KF5 test-building please
From:       <mk-lists () mailbox ! org>
Date:       2016-08-07 15:38:12

Hi René,

On 18 Jul 2016, at 12:36 , René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin@gmail.com> wrote:

> > --->  Installing kf5-kapidox @5.22.0_0+qt5kde
> > -------
> > Is that critical?
>
> No. I also found a way to avoid this warning. There's no point in doing this check \
> for ports that do not install binaries ("supported_archs noarch”).

ok, fine.

> > I didn’t see Kurt’s issues with kdelibs4support and ktexteditor though...
>
> I'm almost sorry to see that because that should have made it easier to understand \
> what happened there …

Yeah...

> > --->  Staging kf5-portingaid-frameworks into destroot
> > ####  Cannot check kf5-portingaid-frameworks for QSP XDG mode (not a CMake \
> >                 project).
> > --->  Installing kf5-portingaid-frameworks @5.22.0_0+qt5kde
>
> Yes, those are in fact only informational. The patch above cancels the message for \
> these ports, but I also turned the message into one that shows only when building \
> with -v.

Great.

> > Somehow I managed to crash Kate though… Need to try and figure out what I did to \
> > make it happen…
>
> Without a backtrace I cannot say much…

Sent that as PM to you...

> > --->  Fetching distfiles for kf5-dev-scripts
> > Error: You need to select a python3 variant
> > Error: org.macports.fetch for port kf5-dev-scripts returned: Please select a \
> > python3 variant
>
> I can't remember why I added a Python3 dependency; it appears to be unnecessary. \
> But if it were, there aren't many ways to force the user to chose a Python version \
> …

So, what are we doing there?

> > Error: This port doesn't have a release version yet.
> > Error: org.macports.fetch for port kf5-kdesvn returned: This port doesn't have a \
> > release version yet.
>
> See above. Ports like this need to be installed as the ${name}-devel . Would you \
> suggest that I let kf5-kdesvn (etc) depend on kf5-kdesvn-devel until an official \
> release is made?

Well, I guess it makes sense to not provide all those ports where there isn’t a \
release yet available.

> > Having said that, I noticed only quite late in the process, that I had installed \
> >                 kf5-osx-integration-devel
> > though:
> > But as this port doesn’t have a lot of dependencies:
>
> Those are *dependents*, not dependencies!

Of course, meant that. :)

> > I believe it might be fine as is for now.
>
> What do you mean?

I just meant that I should have repeated my installation test with the non-devel port \
instead, but skipped that at the time, not realising though that there isn’t a \
release for kf5-osx-integration yet.

> > Due to the above issues the following ports could not be installed:
> > -------
> > kf5-digikam
>
> This one should have a release version now. Let me know what you think best for the \
> other ports that do not yet have a release version.

I see, well, as I wrote above: Let’s not offer a release port (or point the user to \
the devel port) if no release exists (yet).

> > kf5-kscreenlocker
> > kf5-kwin
> > kf5-plasma-integration
>
> Those are Linux only ports. I can make them invisible on OS X, but only by \
> returning the error when generating the portindex. Not really elegant, but OTOH \
> it'll make it easier to know which ports to include in an official release ;)

Yeah, seems fine for me.

Here is my latest try as of today:
—
$ port installed "kf5-*"
  kf5-attica @5.24.0_1+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-baloo @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-baloo-widgets @16.04.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-breeze @5.7.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-breeze-icons @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-breeze-icons-dark @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-cli-tools @5.7.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-dolphin @16.04.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-frameworkintegration @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  KF5-Frameworks @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-gpgmepp @16.04.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kactivities @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kactivitymanagerd @5.7.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kapidox @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-karchive @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kate @16.04.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kauth @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kbookmarks @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kcalc @16.04.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kcmutils @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kcodecs @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kcompletion @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kconfig @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kconfigwidgets @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kcoreaddons @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kcrash @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kdbusaddons @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kdebugsettings @16.04.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kdeclarative @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kdecoration @5.7.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kdecoration-viewer @1.0.0.150820_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kded @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kdelibs4support @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kdesignerplugin @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kdesu @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kdewebkit @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kdnssd @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kdoctools @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kemoticons @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kfilemetadata @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kglobalaccel @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kguiaddons @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-khelpcentre @16.04.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-khtml @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-ki18n @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kiconthemes @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kidletime @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kimageformats @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kinit @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kio @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kio-extras @16.04.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kitemmodels @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kitemviews @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kjobwidgets @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kjs @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-knewstuff @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-knotifications @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-knotifyconfig @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kompare @16.04.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-konsole @16.04.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kpackage @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kparts @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kpeople @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kplotting @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kpty @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kruler @16.04.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-krunner @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kservice @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-ksshaskpass @5.7.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-ksysguard @5.7.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-ktexteditor @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-ktextwidgets @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kunitconversion @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kwallet @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kwalletmanager @16.04.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kwidgetsaddons @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kwindowsystem @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kxmlgui @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kxmlrpcclient @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-libkdcraw @16.04.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-libkexiv2 @16.04.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-libkomparediff2 @16.04.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-libksysguard @5.7.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-marble @16.04.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-okteta @16.04.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-osx-integration-devel @5.22.0.23_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-oxygen @5.7.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-oxygen-icons5 @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-plasma-desktop @5.7.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-plasma-framework @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-plasma-runtime @5.7.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-plasma-sdk @5.7.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-portingaid-frameworks @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-solid @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-sonnet @5.24.0_0+aspell+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-systemsettings @5.7.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-threadweaver @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-tier1-frameworks @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-tier2-frameworks @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-tier3-frameworks @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
MVM7-3:macstrop marko$ port installed "kf5-*" | wc
    101     306    4378
---
i.e. exactly 100 ports successfully built. :-D

This set of ports was the result of this call:
---
sudo port install kf5-* and not installed and not *-devel and not kf5-baseapps and \
not kf5-config-modules and not plasma-desktop and not kf5-dev-scripts and not \
kf5-digikam and not kf5-gwenview and not kf5-libkipi and not kf5-kdenlive and not \
kf5-kdesvn and not kf5-purpose and not kf5-kdev-python and not kf5-kdevelop and not \
kf5-kdevelop-clang-parser and not kf5-kdevelop-pg-qt and not kf5-kdevplatform and not \
kf5-konversation and not kf5-kwayland and not kf5-kscreenlocker and not \
kf5-kwebkitpart and not kf5-kwin and not kf5-okular and not kf5-osx-integration and \
                not kf5-oxygen-icons and not kf5-plasma-integration and not kf5-smb4k
---
but perhaps you advise me to try to install one or more of the excluded ports these \
days?! ...

> > By the way, when starting kf5-dolphin’s Dolphin.app (later also seen for \
> >                 Okteta.app) it complains
> > ---
> > 	Could not start process
> > 	Cannot talk to klauncher:
> > 		The name org.kde.launcher5 was not provided by any .service. files
> > ---
> > all in one line. :-(
>
> That message is "normal", sadly. It also doesn't mean anything; klauncher *is* \
> started, at some point. Note that there is also an org.macports.kdeinit5.plist \
> launchd file now, because I discovered myself that the kded5 plist didn't (always) \
> start kdeinit5 and thus klauncher. Still, those applications are supposed to be \
> started automatically when required; the only reason I can see for that not to \
> happen is if /opt/local/bin is not put in your path early enough . That is not \
> required for dolphin itself, btw; if I start it via the FInder it works fine for \
> me.

This time it worked to start dolphin, although it was missing all its icons still. \
Also Okteta I saw the warning

	Icon theme "Ciment" not found.

which is probably not surprising… I had set this before:

	launchctl setenv KDE_SESSION_VERSION 4

but also version 5 didn’t give the desired icons in the GUI...

Well, NO icons, but at least the file system content is correct… What am I missing \
(again)?

I think you’ve come a long way and the number of installable ports is quite \
impressive by now. I figure one would need to do tests of all ports step by step and \
finally introduce qt5-kde to MacPorts. :-)

Greets,
Marko

P.S.: BTW, I had tons of problems when downloading from KDE’s download server. \
                Somehow the fetch would timeout for every 3rd port:
---
$ sudo port install KF5-Frameworks
Password:
--->  Computing dependencies for KF5-Frameworks
--->  Dependencies to be installed: kf5-portingaid-frameworks kf5-krunner \
kf5-plasma-framework kf5-kactivities kf5-kcmutils kf5-kdeclarative kf5-kpackage \
kf5-threadweaver kf5-tier1-frameworks kf5-kapidox kf5-kdnssd kf5-kidletime \
kf5-kimageformats kf5-kitemmodels kf5-kplotting kf5-tier2-frameworks \
kf5-kfilemetadata kf5-kpty kf5-tier3-frameworks kf5-baloo kf5-kdesu kf5-kemoticons \
                kf5-knewstuff kf5-knotifyconfig kf5-kpeople kf5-ktexteditor \
                kf5-kxmlrpcclient
--->  Fetching distfiles for kf5-kpackage
--->  Attempting to fetch kpackage-5.24.0.tar.xz from \
                http://nue.de.distfiles.macports.org/KF5-Frameworks
--->  Attempting to fetch kpackage-5.24.0.tar.xz from \
                https://distfiles.macports.org/KF5-Frameworks
--->  Attempting to fetch kpackage-5.24.0.tar.xz from \
                http://download.kde.org/stable/frameworks/5.24
--->  Attempting to fetch kpackage-5.24.0.tar.xz from \
                http://lil.fr.distfiles.macports.org/KF5-Frameworks
--->  Attempting to fetch kpackage-5.24.0.tar.xz from \
                http://mse.uk.distfiles.macports.org/sites/distfiles.macports.org/KF5-Frameworks

--->  Attempting to fetch kpackage-5.24.0.tar.xz from \
                http://osl.no.distfiles.macports.org/KF5-Frameworks
--->  Attempting to fetch kpackage-5.24.0.tar.xz from \
                http://fco.it.distfiles.macports.org/mirrors/macports-distfiles/KF5-Frameworks

--->  Attempting to fetch kpackage-5.24.0.tar.xz from \
                http://ykf.ca.distfiles.macports.org/MacPorts/mpdistfiles/KF5-Frameworks

--->  Attempting to fetch kpackage-5.24.0.tar.xz from \
                http://sea.us.distfiles.macports.org/macports/distfiles/KF5-Frameworks

--->  Attempting to fetch kpackage-5.24.0.tar.xz from \
                http://jnb.za.distfiles.macports.org/distfiles/KF5-Frameworks
--->  Attempting to fetch kpackage-5.24.0.tar.xz from \
                http://jog.id.distfiles.macports.org/macports/distfiles/KF5-Frameworks

--->  Attempting to fetch kpackage-5.24.0.tar.xz from \
                http://cjj.kr.distfiles.macports.org/KF5-Frameworks
--->  Attempting to fetch kpackage-5.24.0.tar.xz from \
                http://aarnet.au.distfiles.macports.org/pub/macports/mpdistfiles/KF5-Frameworks

--->  Attempting to fetch kpackage-5.24.0.tar.xz from \
http://nou.nc.distfiles.macports.org/pub/macports/distfiles.macports.org/KF5-Frameworks

--->  Attempting to fetch kpackage-5.24.0.tar.xz from \
                http://her.gr.distfiles.macports.org/KF5-Frameworks
--->  Attempting to fetch kpackage-5.24.0.tar.xz from \
                http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/distfiles/KF5-Frameworks
Error: org.macports.fetch for port kf5-kpackage returned: fetch failed
Error: Failed to install kf5-kpackage
Please see the log file for port kf5-kpackage for details:
    /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_Users_marko_WC_GIT_macstrop_kf5_KF5-Frameworks/kf5-kpackage/main.log

Error: The following dependencies were not installed: kf5-portingaid-frameworks \
kf5-krunner kf5-plasma-framework kf5-kactivities kf5-kcmutils kf5-kdeclarative \
kf5-kpackage kf5-threadweaver kf5-tier1-frameworks kf5-kapidox kf5-kdnssd \
kf5-kidletime kf5-kimageformats kf5-kitemmodels kf5-kplotting kf5-tier2-frameworks \
kf5-kfilemetadata kf5-kpty kf5-tier3-frameworks kf5-baloo kf5-kdesu kf5-kemoticons \
kf5-knewstuff kf5-knotifyconfig kf5-kpeople kf5-ktexteditor kf5-kxmlrpcclient To \
report a bug, follow the instructions in the guide:  \
                http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets
Error: Processing of port KF5-Frameworks failed
---