List:       kde-mac
Subject:    Re: [KDE/Mac] Suggestion to set up a central MacPorts/KDE repository for easy exchange of MacPorts p
From:       mk-lists () email ! de
Date:       2014-05-10 10:46:55

Hi guys,

I have filed the below ticket to KDE’s sysadmins.

Greets,
Marko

—

Hi sysadmins,

I am considering to set up a separate MacPorts tree for package maintenance in order \
to allow for an easier distribution of KDE software tests (in the form of MacPorts \
port files as well as patches) among KDE developers. For more info please refer to \
[1] for our current initiative to get more developers active on OSX via MacPorts.

Example uses would be e.g.:

 * early tests of upcoming updates of a new KDE release, as of now the transition \
from 4.12.4 (which is currently the version installed by standard MacPorts) to 4.13.1 \
[2]

 * allow installation of devel ports for KDE software development without flooding \
the standard MacPorts software tree with *-devel ports [3]

 * perhaps also keep documentation of how to set up a CI environment on OSX [4] as \
long as this is not published on the KDE community wiki

Currently I am using BitBucket, but I would prefer to use KDE's infrastructure, since \
hosting of a "KDE software test MacPorts tree" on a FOSS server might draw more \
developers to OSX/MacPorts.

Greets,
Marko

[1] https://trac.macports.org/wiki/KDEProblems