List:       kde-mac
Subject:    Re: [KDE/Mac] Suggestion to set up a central MacPorts/KDE repository for easy exchange of MacPorts p
From:       mk-lists () email ! de
Date:       2014-05-10 9:31:34

Hi Ian,

On 10 May 2014, at 04:56 , Ian Wadham <iandw.au@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am just reacting to keyword in context (VISIBILITY), but could [2] have=
 had something to do
> with the fixing of KDE in August 2013 to be clang-ready?
I don=92t know, that=92s secret =93Nicolas business=94. :-)

> I don't like the idea of Mercurial.  At my age I do not want to be learni=
ng an eleventh
> or twelfth source-code control system =85 :-)  I kicked and screamed enou=
gh when KDE
> went from SVN to git =85 :-)  So please consider either git or SVN.
Agreed, which is why I suggested git. :-)

> You would have to have KDE login and commit access
I do have all the credentials since I had been committing to KMyMoney=92s t=
runk in the past.

> Or, for infrequent usage, I could commit on anyone else's behalf.  Once i=
nside, there
> are lots of places to put tools and partly developed stuff you wish to sh=
are.
So, we=92re at least two among MacPorts-based developers with direct KDE ac=
cess. :)

> Either a KDE or a MacPorts repository would suit me fine - git or SVN.
> Meanwhile I am hoping Nicolas will send me an advance copy of his
> Portfiles to get me going again =85 :-)
I hope you=92ll be able to get those KDE 4.13 ports installed using his cur=
rent version of
kdelibs4 port. In that case it might also enable you to update the section =
entitled
	=93Configure your KDE development environment=94
in [1] if you want to enable someone else to use kdesrc-build instead of Ma=
cPorts=92
KDE ports.

Greets,
Marko