List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: Dual windows.
From:       Sean Pecor <sean () digitalspinner ! com>
Date:       2001-06-08 20:45:11

On Friday 08 June 2001 16:24, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> sure, but how would you detect they are the same file?

In my case both files were on nfs mounts on my in-house web server. With KDE
2.1.1, it is impossible to trample a file during a drag and drop if the two
windows are viewing directories on your local machine. However, in my case
both windows were mounted directories (e.g.,
/mnt/sites/jobvillage.com/groupit/themes/).

I don't know how you would detect if they are the same file but don't think
it matters if the logic simply went ahead and used the same process as in a
downloading file (*.part) then this trampling would not occur. In this case
it would overwrite itself safely.

Sean.

--
Digital Spinner, Inc.
Cutting edge web design and applications development.