List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: What KDE needs at this point...
From:       "Steven D'Aprano" <dippy () mikka ! net ! au>
Date:       2001-06-03 4:25:54

Dave Leigh wrote:

> But while we're on the subject, could somebody PLEASE explain to me why every
> other contribution to KDE-Look (I'm exaggerating) suggests that KDE should
> look like something else?  It should look like NextStep, it should look like
> MacOS, it should look like BeOS, it should look like GNOME, it should look
> like Windows...

There's nothing wrong with poaching good ideas from other operating
systems. There is no need to be different just for the sake of being
different.

Having said that, there is a danger that if you borrow too much from too
many, KDE will look like Frankenstein's Monster, with misshapen bits
sewed on here, there and everywhere. So far, I think KDE has escaped
that fate.

[snip]

> What the F***??  I'll pass.  It doesn't run on real computers anyway.

Its just an ad inserted into Jim's email by Hotmail. I can't understand
why Linux users would use Hotmail when they can get free email accounts
from Yahoo and others, but I'm sure Jim has his reasons.

--
Steven D'Aprano