List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: What KDE needs at this point...
From:       Torsten Rahn <torsten () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-31 10:45:55

On Thursday 31 May 2001 12:33, Steve Hunt wrote:
> Personally, I think that GNOME running Nautlilus has the nicest looking
> fonts.  KDE 1 also had nice looking fonts.  They weren't fancy, but they
> all were clean, simple, and consistant.

Heh, sorry but afaik nautilus does not come with any fonts. They only use
what is already installed on your system. By default they show fonts in
nautilus antialiased by using freetype. So in terms of appearance it
shouldn't look different from what you get when enabling antialiasing in KDE
(because it uses freetype, too).
The way nautilus shows AA-fonts is a lot slower compared to using the
RENDER-extension in Xfree (which KDE does).

AFAIK KDE 1 didn't use different fonts from the ones KDE 2 is using now.

Greetings,
Tackat