List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: kdesktop wait cursor
From:       Sean Pecor <sean () digitalspinner ! com>
Date:       2001-05-08 15:40:39

On Tuesday 08 May 2001 11:33, Stephen Yates wrote:
> >I don't like this at all. There must be a better way to make it clear to
> > the user that the application is starting up. How about a kind of
> > titlebar with the name of the started application which will appear when
> > you clicked the button. After a short period this titlebar then 'docks'
> > into the taskbar

I think the best solution is toggle a "single task" environment, that is
turned on by administrators (like the person from the Internet Cafe). When
enabled, the entire screen would gray 50% with a big "Please Wait,
started when a program icon is clicked and stopped when the program is
available for input. This would be VERY HELPFUL for many beginners.

Sean.

--
Digital Spinner, Inc.
Cutting edge web design and applications development.