List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: Icon Usability
From:       Sven Niedner <niedner () physik ! uni-kiel ! de>
Date:       2001-02-04 22:47:41

On Sunday 04 February 2001 23:45, Sean Pecor wrote:
> (image of back.png w/ no description)
> Action: (-) Undo (-) Go Back (-) Scroll Left (-) Move Cursor Left
> Other:  ___________
>
> Doing it in this manner might be a solid way to gain additional
> information about each icon. A dynamic form might also include other
> people's write-ins in subsequent multiple choices for that icon.

In my opinion this would bias the user too much; free-form association
seems to be better to me. I think that the majority of answers will
fall into one or two categories per icon, and the rest might be worth
the trouble of handwork.

Greetings,

Sven.

PS: I think this study is a gread idea!

--
Lars  von Trier: Ich habe Abba und die Backstreet Boys aufgelegt und
sie [Björk] spielte mir Techno-Musik vor, [...]. Ich bin mir