List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: Who needs this? draggable K-Menue
From:       Dave Leigh <dave.leigh () cratchit ! org>
Date:       2001-03-11 23:53:17

On Sunday 11 March 2001 15:15, Sergej Malinovski wrote:
> Henry Stanaland wrote:
> > It's also helpful in the GIMP because there is no toolbar, it is easier
> > to have the submenus
> > easily accessible.
>
> Yes, I see how it can be useful in GIMP, but GIMP is pain in the neck to
> use any way you turn it, and the desire to extract the menus to make a
> program useable only makes me wonder wether GIMP interface should be
> debugged or redesigned from scratch. Perhaps am just comparing it to
> Photoshop interface, but then again, I cannot help it ;)

Unfortunately, I don't think that the GIMP folks feel there's anything wrong
with it. Just goes to show that there's something for everyone.  I anxiously
await a sane KDE equivalent.

BTW, I've not been keeping up with graphic tool development.  Will Krayon be
able to re-use GIMP plug-ins?  Somebody?

--
We give advice, but we cannot give the wisdom to profit by it.
		-- La Rochefoucauld