List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: Klipper [ was Re: Icon improvements. ]
From:       Sergej Malinovski <sergej () nospam ! dk>
Date:       2001-03-11 18:00:10

Dave Leigh wrote:
> I would LOVE to use them.  The Windows key should open the K menu, and the
> Menu key should have the same effect as right-clicking on whatever's
> selected (or the text cursor position.  NOT the mouse cursor position,
> since you've got the right button on the mouse for that).

See KDE FAQ, section 9.7. "How do I use the three extra keys on my Windows®
keyboard in KDE?"

What still bothers me, is that I cannot use the extra keys as *modifiers* (as
meta/super/hyper etc.) because Shift, Ctrl and Alt are hardcoded in the Key
Bindings dialogs, or so it seems. I would rather see a key grab configuration
(like in Sawfish) where *any* key combination (which can also be combined
with mouse actions) can be registered. I think it would also be easier to
make the bindings (instead of checking and unchecking the checkboxes). How
about proposing this change to developers?

> As I'm typing this, I notice that KMail already properly uses the Menu key.

Strange, the popup opens in the middle of the window :-/ That doesn't make
sense. Perhaps I should sumbit it as a bug...

--
Sergej Malinovski [http://dreamer.nitro.dk]