List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: Klipper [ was Re: Icon improvements. ]
From:       Sergej Malinovski <sergej () nospam ! dk>
Date:       2001-03-11 13:49:16

Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> I've gotten into the habit of clicking the icons, because I believe the
> Ctrl key is misplaced. It is easier for me to use the mouse than it is
> to type Ctrl-[key]. The Alt key (as used by Netscape) is in a much
> better position, ergonomically, since you can hold it down with your
> thumb instead of the weakest finger on your hand, the little finger.
> Apple had the right idea: they put the Command key (equivalent to the
> Ctrl) next to the space bar, and the rarely-used Option key (equivalent
> to Alt) on outside.

Yep, another feature just copied from Windows, or so it seems... Anyway it
helps to switch Caps Lock and Cotrol keys, so I suggest you try it.

As much as I wish every app would use Alt modifier key, I don't see anything
like that changing any time soon. The problem here is the menu bar and all
those underlined letters. But then, why not just switch Control and Alt keys?
:) I have to try this...

--
Sergej Malinovski [http://dreamer.nitro.dk]