List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: Drag and drop indicator
From:       "Steven D'Aprano" <dippy () mikka ! net ! au>
Date:       2001-03-10 8:26:06

Michael Jarrett wrote:

> I like it because that's where I'm looking when I drag, so I know if the
> drag will be accepted. Though what WOULD be cool is if an app would
> blink it's titlebar when it's willing to accept something being dragged.

No, it wouldn't be cool. Feedback needs to be immediate, continual, and
at the same place as the action. If the titlebar blinks once, it isn't
continual -- if it blinks constantly, its annoying. But the biggest
problem is that the feedback is far away from the action.

The only time the titlebar should give feedback to a drag and drop is if
you drag something onto the titlebar.

--
Steven D'Aprano