List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: A nice article on MS Word and why the OpenSource Community should not be content with copying it
From:       Rob Kaper <cap () capsi ! com>
Date:       2001-03-10 16:43:15

On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 05:36:09PM +0000, Marc Mutz wrote:
> If you have it over, you can skip to the last part.

Which basically comes down to: "Copying Microsoft Word feature by feature
and opening up the source code is not freedom. Mimesis is misery."

Fortunately taking only the best features from various applications and then
adding some of our own insights and opening up the code for others with the
permission to improve as much as they want, is.

--
Rob Kaper | cap@capsi.com cap@capsi.net cap@capsi.co.uk