List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: KSpread's icon...
From:       rik () kde ! org
Date:       2001-01-29 18:32:43

#if Friedrich W. H. Kossebau
> The world as part of a symbol is okay in my eyes, being not political
> but showing the "limit" of the app ;). - Well, perhaps some antiliberal
> might find this political... But as KDE is a free, global thing they
> wouldn't use it if they really beleave themselfs ;) So no need to care
> for that.

Konqueror's 'about' page shows a globe centred on America.

BTW, I don't see why a project which is produced mostly by Europeans
shouldn't have a Euro symbol on its spreadsheet icon. Europe is IMO
a good example of nations working together in harmony. KDE is IMO
a good example of developers from many nations working together in
harmony. IMO using a Euro symbol is not just acceptable, it's
desirable.

Rik