List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: KSpread's icon...
From:       Sean Pecor <sean () digitalspinner ! com>
Date:       2001-01-28 18:18:01

Hello,

I'd like to see the Euro logo changed too. It's just not a strong logo, and
there is no other icon in KOFFICE that is uniquely "USA", or this or that.
The Euro symbol may be trendy now, but soon it will seem as trite as using
the "$" symbol. It's presence is undeniably more of a function of the
designer's region of origin. I'd suggest avoiding any uniquely american or
european icons, especially when one considers that we're taking part in the
construction of a GLOBAL community. Just because the industrialized nations
control 90% of the wealth doesn't mean we need to flaunt it in our icons :).

Spreadsheets are used to present balance sheets, charts, ledgers, character
sheets (for us rpg geeks - heh) and so on. Here are some of my (not so well
thought out) ideas:

* 3D line chart. Volatile changes with a sudden upswing at the end, for
movement?

* Abacus? This would blend well with the quill in Kword.

* Moebius circle, infinity symbol? Spreadsheets are great because you can
re-use them with dynamic data, so this would make sense. But I suggest it
mostly because it's a cool visual :).

* A nice open ledger. This is essentially what a spreadsheet originally
replaced.

Anyone else have suggestions, or arguments?

Sean.

--
# Digital Spinner / President.
# sean@digitalspinner.com / http://www.digitalspinner.com