List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: konqueror config program.
From:       Klas Kalass <klas.kalass () gmx ! de>
Date:       2001-01-03 18:50:39

Am Mittwoch,  3. Januar 2001 19:28 schrieb Thomas:
> Some time ago Waldo updated the control center to reflect some ideas
> discussed on this list. At about the same time there appeared a new
> application that combines the config modules that ware otherwise seperately
> listed in the konqueror config menu.
> This new application however uses a totally different approuch to the
> configing
>
> >from the control center. It uses some concepts that ware dropped in
> > earlier
>
> discussions here.
>
> Because of that I wonder if someone (can't find the maintainer) can
> enlighten me why:
> - the control center can not be used to do this task.
> - the concepts of the control center have not been used in this
> application.

I am not the maintainer but a simple user and I find this Konqueror-Control
center very nice and useful, because it gives all the configuration panels in
a place where I expect them to be: accessible from a menu within Konqueror,
apropriately labled with "Configure".
I wish all aplications in KDE2 would have a configuration dialogue like this,
with the panels doubled in the control center so I can use them all thrown
together or convieniently assembled for the one application I want to
configure.

Greetings,
Klas