List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: KDE 2.0 Open and Save dialogs
From:       Magnus Ihse <d95-mih () nada ! kth ! se>
Date:       2000-07-17 13:51:00

On Wed, 12 Jul 2000, Tom Hoferek wrote:

> I think this is a reasonable compromise that retains the enhancements of
> these dialogs while improving accesibility. These are special dialogs
> and as such incorporating toolbars is a deviation from the style guide
> that I think is acceptible. A mockup is attached.

Imho your mockup looks much cleaner than the original KDE2 open/save
dialog.

Something I'm missing in the open/save dialog is the behaviour of the
up/prev/next buttons in Konquerer, i.e. that you have a history of
visited pages if you press and hold the back button, and (what I miss
most of all) that you can press and hold the up button to see a list
of all folders above the current, like /, /home and /home/ihse if the
current folder is /home/ihse/test. As of now, there is simply not any
good way to go directly to a folder several levels above -- clicking
the up button several times takes _lot_ of time.

/Magnus