List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: RFC: StyleGuide for Labels? (fwd)
From:       Peter Putzer <pputzer () edu ! uni-klu ! ac ! at>
Date:       2000-07-02 22:19:05

On Sun, 2 Jul 2000, Rik Hemsley wrote:

> #if Peter Putzer
> > Style A: The capitalization style you describe is the style usually used
> > for academic titles and for bibliographies. The Chicago Manual of Style
> > (7.123) provides a definitive statement of the rules:
>
> For academic titles and for bibliographies ? Doesn't apply here then.
>
> I suppose following the rules of the 'Chicago Manual of Style' is ok,
> considering C == en_US :)
>
> Rik

It says "usually" here, and that's also the way I learned to capitalize
titles at school, so I'm somehwat biased ;)

But I still think we should do it this way, partly because in the FAQ I
took the quote from it says that this style need not necessarily be
followed since we've got all kinds of attributes available for marking
headings nowadays.

But in this case (an UI) we have NOT got those style attributes available,
so IMHO using Style A would be the right thing to do.

How is it done on other platforms?

bye,
Peter