List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: "Newbie" likes/dislikes about KDE look and feel
From:       Thomas <zander () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2000-06-30 21:37:12

> * Can't configure the size of window "chrome"
> (I like to minimise the "non-working" area of applications, therefore I
> would like to be able to change the size of the scrollbars, menubars and
> title bars (ie, reduce them), but this is not a configuration option in KDE
> 1.1.2.)

This is an "work in progress" with the very cool themes of kde2

> * "Small" panel icon size would be useful

Is incorperated on the all new kde2 panel named "kicker"

> (Also, the kfm web browser doesn't do CSS (at least not in KDE 1.1.2). I
> hope this is being worked on, as it would mean the kfm would then just
> about be able to take over from the bloaty, slow to start, and crashworthy
> Netscape on my system! However, I think I'm moving away from 'look and
> feel' here! ;-)

Kfm has been replaced by Konqueror a very nice webbrowser which still doesn't
contain CSS. This is also a priority matter on the TODO list

This will probably leave the impression that we are doing something but have
not gained much since 1.1.2. However this could not be further from the truth
since kde2 has been a major overhaul from the previous version and has gotten
better in concept/stability/features. And is still growing

Thanx for your support!