List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: Styles for widget placement (real comment)
From:       Espen Sand <espen.sand () neo ! no>
Date:       2000-06-21 9:53:55

On Tue, 20 Jun 2000, Stephan Heigl wrote:
> >> but what about provide the
> >> possibility not only to change the widget's face but also to change the
> >> widget/dialog layout via styles.
> >
> >What do you mean? change the text that is written on the buttons?, use
> another
> >dictionairy.
> >The layout. Like the positioning?
> >
> >--
> >Thomas Zander
> zander@earthling.net
> >The only thing worse than failure is the fear of trying something new
> >

> Yes, more positioning. The text itself isn't the real "problem".

Well, I can tell that KDialogBase (which most if not all std dialogs use)
supports on-the-fly reordering of the buttons. I added a mode for vertical
placement  (on the right edge) a few days ago. I have not tried to switch
between horizontal and vertical while a dialog has been visible but I think
that should works as well. At the moment the button layout is fixed and one
can only select the vertical mode from code though :)

--
Espen Sand