List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: Moving buttons in Kicker
From:       Thomas <zander () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2000-05-24 21:04:05

Ehh, what version/options are you using? I get a menu at the moment I click
it.. (before release).
The way it should be.

> Just over a month ago, I saw screenshots where a developer had made it so all
> "panel thingies" (applets and icons) had a small tab to their left which was
> used for drags, reserving on-thingie clicks for selection purposed. I thought
> that was a *briliant* UI idea.

This is the way the current cvs version works, which is very good in my
opinion.

The option for MMB drag on icon as an extra (besides the dragable handles)
might be nice for power-users though.

The RMB menu has to be looked at IMOHO, I believe the RMB should work
per content. If there is no content (i.e. the background of kicker) the kicker
menu should appear. Even if (for example) the taskbar applet 'takes' that space.
RMB on an icon gives you the icon menu. RMB on an applet should give you the
applet menu.

Here it was, a new hour, new day. Time all moments from this moment, all
beginnings from here. I opened the door and smiled.  -Me     OpenPGP : 0588D5