List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: Draggable menus
From:       Sven Niedner <niedner () physik ! uni-kiel ! de>
Date:       2000-05-01 9:51:45

Steven D'Aprano wrote:

> 1) Can we substitute "screen mode" and "window mode" for the
> emotionally volatile terms "Mac mode" and (uggh) "normal mode"? This
> might help to keep tempers down a bit. Remember, we're all on the same
> side here.

BTW, did anyone ever consider, aehm, NeXT-like menues? They "sit" in the
upper left corner of the screen and are arranged _vertically_ (which is
a good thing (tm) because it is easier for the human eye to scan a
vertical list oft text entries). Cascading submenues where vertical,
too, and could be torn off and placed anywhere on the screen (and
disappeared when a different application was activated).

Anyone here used NeXT Step? I really liked the feature!

Greetings,

Sven

--
Sven Niedner, http://www.theo-physik.uni-kiel.de/~niedner
Click here to crash your Windows 9x box: file://c:\nul\nul