List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: Improvements to menubar
From:       Federico Cozzi <cozzi () cibs ! sns ! it>
Date:       2000-04-30 9:53:59

> > Shortly: I advocate the "click to open"-menu type, for every KDE program.
>
> No need to change this, because KDE menus already have this behaviour.

I wrote that message because someone pointed out that this is not exactly
the case: some KDE menus behave one way, some behave the other.
So, I expressed my preference for the "click to open"-menus. :-)

> Unless you are proposing to drop the "open menu follows mouse"
> behaviour? I think this would be very annoying to the majority of
> users who aren't motion or mouse impaired. Especially when they are
> hunting for an item and don't know which menu it is under.

No, I don't want to drop the "open menu follows mouse" behaviour with the
half-click. I think that it's one of the advantages of the "click to
open"-menus: they can act both ways, depending on your mouse action.

--
Federico Cozzi                              Federico.Cozzi@sns.it
                                            PGP key: 0xC3B01DEA