List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: PROPOSAL: "Mac" menubar as default
From:       "Tomas Furmonavicius" <f1926 () kaunas ! aiva ! lt>
Date:       2000-04-27 10:56:20

On Wed, Apr 26, 2000 at 11:09:26PM +0100, Rik Hemsley wrote:

> With the default speed+accel of XFree86, I can move the mouse cursor
> to the four corners of the screen while the actual mouse moves within
> a 1 inch square. This is perfectly acceptable IMHO. My screen has
> resolution 1424x1068.

Well, you moving your mouse in a square bigger than I am used to :-)
I move my mouse in a square 2cm x 2cm max.

Maybe it's a problem of measurement systems? Inches are bigger (longer)
than centimeters, so people who are used to measure everything in
inches feels comfortable when moving mouse around bigger area, and for
people using metric system (like me) every additional millimeter causes
additional strain ;-) .

Tomas