List:       kde-look
Subject:    QWhatsThis in KCModules and more
From:       Jost Schenck <uzsnty () uni-bonn ! de>
Date:       2000-04-25 19:54:41

Hi,
I recently added help texts to some control modules (IIRC this was email, file
associations, konq file manager, konq browser, passwords). I talked to Michael
McBride, and we agreed that the use of QWhatsThis-Help (context help, popping
up a yellow box) should be discussed on this list. It would be nice, if you
could have a look at e.g. the email module so you get a picture of what I'm up
to :)

The control center has a help tab on the left, which displays simple HTML.
Up to now I used it to display only very general information, while giving
rather detailed info in WhatsThis. I did not write docbook manuals.
Someone said the information in the WhatsThis is too much / too detailed.
I'd like to know your opinion on this.

Mike likes it the current way, because like this information is "nearer" to the
user. I especially like it because it makes syncing between programs and
documentation easier.

-Jost.

--
Jost Schenck