List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: ui contribution
From:       Torsten Rahn <torsten () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-04-23 14:53:31

> white". Take a look at the new Netscape 6.0 preview - imagine
> their icons in B/W ... the modification is simple and they won't
> lose any clarity.

Judging from reports that I get about Netscape 6.0 preview
the new look might have the advantage you mentioned ...
BUT it turns out that it seems to be an example
of bad UI-design. If you look at it

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reviews/1734/1/screenshot1196/

you will mention that it's very hard to distinguish between
the UI of Netscape and the webcontent as the buttons are painted
in a very similar way most websites are painted now. This
is confusing and slows down people a lot.

I hear these complains about the default-Netscape-Skin
almost daily now ...

Tackat.