List:       kde-look
Subject:    A pile of KMail suggestions
From:       Per Wigren <wigren () home ! se>
Date:       2000-04-21 16:27:30

I want the messagelist columns to be in the order:
Subject, Sender, Flags, Date
wich will make it a lot easier to follow threads in threadview mode.

Another idea is to only put the [+] / [-] where a thread "splits" into two or
more subthreads and otherwise just indent the Subject by a space or two.

If it's possible, put a fixedwidth font in the Date-column to make Wed and Sat
the same width :)

Also, when "rightclick -> Move to", the following layout is horrible:

Friends
Friends child ->
     Paula
     Ronnie
Mailinglists
Mailinglists child ->
     KDE
     KDE child ->
          kde-devel
          kde-look
     Emulation ->
          x-mame
          messlist
etc...
Is there a better way to solve this that is already implemented?
It looks good in the folderlist though.

IMO it would be better to use mailfilters like this:
rightclick on folder "Mailinglists -> KDE -> kde-devel" and choose Properties.
In there you specify what mail to put in this folder. (From user x, to or cc
x, from server x etc) and what From-user to use when sending new or replying.
To be able to select another icon than the standard foldericon would be nice
too!

I have subscribed to the kde-lists as wigren@home.se and some other lists as
poebblo@tjohoo.se and use private mail as wigren@mail.org. It would be great
to use "wigren@mail.org" as default, wigren@home.se when a kde-folder is open
and poebblo@tjohoo.se when the x-mame folder is open!

If a mail is to kde-devel cc kde-core-devel cc kde-look, KMail now put three
copies in kde-devel (because that's the filterrule which is first) and none
in the kde-core-devel and kde-look folder... ;-(

Sorry for beeing a pain in the ass (I'm also reporting quite a lot of bugs
through help->report bug:), but I really want KMail to be the Ultimate mailer
before KDE 2.0 and there are some minor issues left before it can be that!
And I'm no coder.. ;-(

But it's still the very best mailer available for *nix! I love it! :)

// Wigren