List:       kde-look
Subject:    [Fwd: Radio button group highlighting]
From:       Dirk Hennig <Dirk.Hennig () stud ! uni-hannover ! de>
Date:       2000-04-20 13:45:12

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.

Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 11:40:43 +0200
From: Dirk Hennig <Dirk.Hennig@stud.uni-hannover.de>
To: laurent.moussault@mail.dotcom.fr
Subject: Re: Radio button group highlighting

Laurent MOUSSAULT wrote:

> Dirk, I see a problem with your radio-buttons proposition:  doesn't a slider
> means a continuous choice ?  How the user will visually make the difference
> between this and e.g. a volume slider in KMix ?
>
> Maybe we could do a compromise between your slider and the "legacy" look of
> radio buttons (I include a quick mockup to show what I mean).  Another
> advantage is that it could be easily implemented (I think): no need for a whole
> new widget, just an
>
> What do you think of this ?  Is this really an issue ?

That's it. I really like this solution. Everyone who know Radio Buttons will recognise them. A
new user, will see, what is ment and perhaps think of the gearshift in his car.

Does the rest of this list think the same of it?

But what do we do with a solution? Do the coder look into this list and adapt it automatically
or where do we have to send it to have it realised?

Dirk