List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: Radio button group highlighting (was: UI feedback from a Linux
From:       Dirk Hennig <Dirk.Hennig () stud ! uni-hannover ! de>
Date:       2000-04-19 7:29:15

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.

Tom Hoferek wrote:

> I'm not suggesting drop-down list boxes (unless the number of options is large, in \
> which case you wouldn't be using radio buttons anyway). If you have a few items to \
> select from, present them all in a regular list box. One click and you make your \
> choice, just like a radio button.

Oh, I understood that wrong.
But I don't think, that a list-boxes should replace radio-buttons. With list-boxes, \
we have again the same problem we were ralking about with radio-buttons: The user \
can't see their meaning with one look! The reason is, that you can make list-boxes \
for single selection and list-boxes for multiple selection, which look the same. And \
same looking things having different meanings is what we have to avoid to get a good \
graphical user interface (short G2UI).

I drawed my idea of making some kind of slider and attached it to this mail. The look \
may not be cool at the moment, but what do you think of the general idea?

Dirk

["radio-button.jpg" (image/jpeg)]