List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: The KDE status gear
From:       Casey Allen Shobe <rivyn () mailandnews ! com>
Date:       2000-04-12 15:35:26

delayed-mouseover selection and single-clicking in place of double-clicking is
for me highly preferable to having to double-click all over the damn place.
However, for things such as text selection, double-clicking for word select and
triple-clicking for select all is preferable.  Of course it's also nice if
single-click selects, as is the case in many URL boxes of various browsers, but
then you have to wait, and click again in order to place the cursor, which is
annoying..  Anyways, there should be no one standard - it should be user
defineable - hell even windows lets you choose between single-click mode and
double-click mode...I think users deserve a lot more choices than that, hidden
away in "advanced view" modes.

-Rivyn

--
- Rivyn [ Casey Allen Shobe ]