List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: The KDE status gear
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-04-12 0:36:12

#if CP
> OK, in some cases (like in very complex apps (vector drawing, office) ) it is \
> sensible to use the single click just for selecting. But in most cases, it \
> shouldn't be so. I also don't think that this will confuse the users: regulary, \
> they should expect, that the single click will start an action (like in \
> KFM/Konquerors file views). In those programs where it only selects, they'll \
> quickly find out that they need the double click as "nothing" happens otherwise...

That's just daft. You can't just have double-clicking for _some_ things
and expect the user to remember which things need double-clicking and
which don't. I see users double-clicking _everything_. They've learnt
that double-clicking is necessary, but are not sure where. They have
also noticed that it does no harm, so they just use it everywhere.

Double-clicking is _never_ necessary. We've buried it. Let's let
it rot.

Rik