List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: Docking Toolbars on Edge of Screen
From:       Richard Moore <rich () ipso-facto ! freeserve ! co ! uk>
Date:       2000-02-01 15:02:52

"Andrew B. Arthur" wrote:
> To help explain what I am trying to describe in words, I have made a
> mockup (enclosed) of how it would look when you dock the toolbar against
> the edges of the screen.
>
> I am not sure if this is just a waste of screenspace / effort to do
> this, but it does give the user feedback that the toolbar has been
> docked against the edge of the screen (and it looks nice).
>
> Of course since might explaination isn't that great, I have put up a few
> gimp-edited screenshots to show what/how such an feature would work:
> http://members.xoom.com/bsa89/kde/

I think the second layout is better, but I think there should be a
groove between the two toolbars. At the moment the drag handle
doesn't show up very well making it difficult to see how to pull
off individual toolbars. I would also prefer it if the toolbar did
not extend across the full width of the screen unless it has items
to fill the space.

Do you see what I mean, or should I knock up a piccy of my own to
make it clearer?

Rich.

--
     Richard Moore		rich@ipso-facto.freeserve.co.uk