List:       kde-look
Subject:    Docking Toolbars on Edge of Screen
From:       "Andrew B. Arthur" <arthur99 () global2000 ! net>
Date:       2000-01-31 22:31:51

Toolbars when dragged off the window and towards the top of the screen,
should they dock along the edges of the screen (in such a way that the
feel like they are actually locking to the edges of the screen [similar
to what happens when you drag a toolbar over a window]). And should
these toolbars fill up a toolbar that goes from one end of the edge of
the screen to another (like the Mac OS menu bar)].

I know this is kind of hard to describe with KDE, the best describsion I
can think of is the way toolbars work in Microsoft Office (especially
the Mac version) -- you drag them next to a menu bar or an edge of the
screen they stick and create visible feedback by filling our to create a
whole bar along the edge.

To help explain what I am trying to describe in words, I have made a
mockup (enclosed) of how it would look when you dock the toolbar against
the edges of the screen.

I am not sure if this is just a waste of screenspace / effort to do
this, but it does give the user feedback that the toolbar has been
docked against the edge of the screen (and it looks nice).

Of course since might explaination isn't that great, I have put up a few
gimp-edited screenshots to show what/how such an feature would work:
http://members.xoom.com/bsa89/kde/

Thanks.

--
Andrew B. Arthur | arthur99@global2000.net | sh:creative-quote not found