List:       kde-look
Subject:    UI-standards: Options-menu
From:       Peter Penz <peter.penz () jk ! uni-linz ! ac ! at>
Date:       1999-09-27 17:06:03

I got some responses about the options-menu. Although it's the same as
in the earlier standards, many people don't like the way it's organized
(I personally don't like it too).

I had no (!) response, who said "I like the 'Save Options' entry". I
wrote to this entry "Don't save options automatically. Let the user
decide if he is satisfied with current configuration of the options."

Like most people mentioned correctly, the user has already decided to
have this options when pressing the 'Ok'-Button. So I dropped the 'Save
options' entry and added some comments to the page.

Please check:
http://www.esh.uni-linz.ac.at/~mother/hci/menus/options.html

I didn't have the time to think about the Options-menu very much - so
this is only a draft for further discussions.

Peter

PS: I improved the contents of Basics->Window (new pictures, easier
reading). There's also an alternative page from Derek about this topic
online!
http://www.esh.uni-linz.ac.at/~mother/hci/basics/windows.html

Derek submitted a reworked Dialogs-Page with additional pictures:
http://www.esh.uni-linz.ac.at/~mother/hci/dialogs/index.html