List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: UI standards project died (?)
From:       zander () microweb ! nl
Date:       1999-09-17 8:51:56

> I'm glad to announce, that the promising "KDE user interface
> standards"-project seems to die.

Creepy.

> After 2 months of discussing and creating the new standards-page on
> http://www.esh.uni-linz.ac.at/~mother/hci/basics/index.html there seems
> to be no chance to find a common line in some threads.

There has been braketroughs, just a couple of people who have not
agreed to the proposal.

> Especially for the Close/Exit-topic it's hard to find a common line
> which is ok for all users. There are always people who want their OS/2,
> MsWindows or whatever-behaviour for KDE. It's easy to critizize the
> current site, but to 99% there is no solution given by these people.

Please people listen to this, try to go half-way with 'complaints'
Don't say 'aaaarrrgg' if this does not comply with your meaning, try
to find out why this desicion was taken....

> Because I don't have the time and nerves to discuss 3 hours a day, I'll
> stop my work on the standard-pages and hope there'll be a person/some
> persons, who like to continue this work.

I am sorry to hear this. But good luck with you theses!! Hope to still
see you around.

--
Thomas Zander                                                zander@microweb.nl
Today, it's understood that of course you'll use a computer,