List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: Quit/Close: please check site.
From:       Derek <fountai () hursley ! ibm ! com>
Date:       1999-09-16 11:19:26

This tends to be the problem with these sorts of discussions. Everyone
has an opinion, and they will argue until they are blue in the face to
defend it, but very few people are prepared to offer *solutions* to the
whole problem. Don't give up, Peter, just do sooner what you are doing
now: stop listening to repeated arguments, consider the facts as
explained, then write down what you believe is a reasonable summary of
all the opinions and presents a way forward.

From that point on invite other people who feel strongly on the issue to
write out *complete* solutions, and link to those alternatives you
receive. Let other people take the strain of updating their solutions.
If there is agreement that one of the alternatives is better than your
suggested one, change to it. If there is just lots more bickering,
ignore it until a real usable solution emerges.

If lots of people don't like the solutions you are coming up with,
you'll be replaced. That's the nature of the open development leadership
position. Personally, I think you are doing a fine job.