List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: quit/close was: User Interface Standards
From:       Peter Penz <peter.penz () jk ! uni-linz ! ac ! at>
Date:       1999-09-15 10:41:31

Wanted to update the UI-standards-site, but there's a small problem:

Thomas said: Close should close the document and open an empty one. In
the UI-standards-site it says, closing a document results in a "grey"
window. If an application doesn't support "a grey window" => leave away
the Close.

In the last mail I agreed with Thomas. But: if a Close closes a document
and opens an empty one - for what do you need "New..." (new does the
same: Close old document and open an empty one).

So my suggestion: add only a Close to the file-menu, if the application
supports "a grey window" without a document in it (like KWord).
Comments?

Please check (please use RELOAD!!):
http://www.esh.uni-linz.ac.at/~mother/hci/menus/file.html

Peter