List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: Dialogs: How to layout
From:       zander () microweb ! nl
Date:       1999-09-08 17:22:04

> In countries which read text left to right, the eye scans left to right
> when looking for things. Therefore the most often used options should be
> ordered left to right. Making the user search for the OK button is a bad
> idea. Just look at the Qt file access dialog!
>
> The button order should be:
>
> OK, Apply, Cancel          Default, Help
The default is a button I don's see use for. And help on the same 'line' ?

What about just Ok, Apply, Cancel ?

And something I remember from the amiga, making characters underline for
shortcuts, su just pressing 'o' would ok the dialog,

> along the bottom of the dialog.

Offcourse

--
Thomas Zander                                                zander@microweb.nl
Today, it's understood that of course you'll use a computer,