List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: Colored Desktopbuttons
From:       Rachel Greenham <rachel () enlarion ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       1999-07-10 12:59:19

Torsten Rahn wrote:

> Coloring the backgroud of those bars looks way too obtrusive and not
> serious enough! Sorry!
> Perhaps we could find another more decent solution to the problem
> that you indicated without making the taskbar looking overloaded?

Personally I *hate* the Taskbar, and have it permanently hidden, so do with
it what you will :-). (I keep the task menu on the panel.) Of course this
might be because I didn't come to Linux from Windows, but from RISC OS -
although having said that I'm actually running the MacOS theme except that
menus stay with windows. There are just too many paradigm differences
between RISC OS and KDE to sensibly implement some of my fave RISC OS
elements:

Drag-and-drop to die for - completely pervasive
Window menu on middle mouse click
Icons on the iconbar [panel-ish] for each running application, not each
window.
Anti-aliased fonts everywhere on the desktop (close to the quality you see
on Acrobat Reader, TT doesn't cut it)
!Zap. I know technically that's an application and not a GUI feature, but
it's such a fine application. (Best programmers editor I've ever used
anywhere.)

--
Rachel