List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: [kde] Re: The KDE Free Qt Foundation
From:       Daniel.Egger () t-online ! de (Daniel Egger)
Date:       1998-04-12 15:18:34

On Sun, 12 Apr 1998, you wrote:

>Can you give some benchmarks numbers?

 How should I? Nobody has AFAIK written a benchmark program
 and I don't have the time to do so at the moment....

>I really, really do doubt your statement!

 I won't hinder you from doubting my statements....

>You mean afterstep is faster than kwm?

 Kinda...

>Did you make measurments?

 Yes.... the GIMP has now a nice benchmark.... originally it was written
 to benchmark the GIMP but after the 20th opened window you can
 see and measure the difference between afterstep and kwm....
 that makes a difference of 15 seconds which show a lit more than
 just inaccuracy..... oh did I forget to mention taht I have only 32 MB
 memory?

> Are you comparing apples and oranges?

 Sometimes after the 2nd bottle of wine but not in this case.... :))

>>  Problem: It doesn't integrate into the rest of KDE.... or should
>>  I say KDE is not supposed to let another WM mange the windows?
>
>Wrong!

 Oh yes it works..... but how does it loke like? And where's the
 functionality?

 BTW: Looks like a mixture of apples and oranges on the screen :))

--

Servus,
       Daniel