List:       kde-look
Subject:    "My notes" in help menu...
From:       "Friedrich W. H. Kossebau" <Friedrich.W.H () Kossebau ! de>
Date:       2002-09-13 13:08:55

Hi everybody!

I hope you don't mind that I then and now drop some ideas of mine into
this mailing list that I am not about to code in the near future but
still think to be usable and would like to be commented by you. So I
take kde-look as a kde-features... ;) Tell me if I shouldn't, please.

Looking at the note "clean keyboard" that sticks to my keyboard for a
week or so (not that successfull it is...) I thought about what I would
like to if on every item in my room would be such a note with tasks I
have to do with ;)

So my mind went on and remembered this: the "Comments..." button at
windows of windows xp beta screenshots, my mother writing down useful
"computer commands" (like how to change the layout of a letter) on sheet
of papers. I thought: Couldn't this be something for joe user? An app
centered note taking? Not some broadly usable "tips of the day" but tips
for problems that one met and was helped out by someone else?

Idea:
----
Each app could have an entry within the "help" menu called "my
notes"/"my own tips". There they could reach a rich text editor to make
some notes on how to do this and that. Individual notes for each app.
Always accessable, two clicks away (one click too much?).

What do you think? Useful? Would this be comfortable for people you
trained to use a computer?

Friedrich

PS: Could be used as a feedback system, too. Asks people for their notes
and you learn, where they get stuck and where not...