List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: FluxBox window tabs
From:       Gniazdowski Mariusz <refuse () wp ! pl>
Date:       2002-06-05 14:51:30

On Wed, 5 Jun 2002 09:57:46 -0500
Dave Leigh <dave.leigh@cratchit.org> wrote:

> What makes them more ergonomic and intuitive than, say, konsole's
buttons? I > don't have Fluxbox installed, and after having seen the
screenshots I have no > plans to install it. To my mind it's ugly as sin.

Ugly is too strong word. FluxBox is simple. And it is born to be simple
and fast, that is the project goal afaik.

Of course it looks like window-tabs are doing the panel-buttons job. But
panel-buttons are not minimalizing each window after You pop up another.
And they are not putting them in the same position with the same size.
And You can faster find window-tab that is needed, because every window
group has own tabs, not like in normal desktop idea where all
panel-buttons are in one place. That makes huge difference in work.
Desktop is more clean and organized with window-tabs.

Describing functionality of window-tabs is a little aimless. Try them
please! :)

--
Refuse