List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: Konqueror design proposal
From:       Torsten Rahn <torsten () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-02-17 21:25:51

> I got to admit, those tabs do look different than any others I've seen,
> probably because they are so small.  I would probably rather have vertical
> text instead because tabs *normally* have text, not icons.  You know, like
> in that Internet Explorer for Mac OSX.  This way the tabs would be longer
> and look more like tabs.

Do that and you'll be surprised how many people feel annoyed by reading
vertical text (definately more than 10% which is a lot).

Besides that: the number of modules that are installed is not static (they are
modules so you can't count on the fact that the number will be limited to 6
or whatever modules). Keeping that in mind (and the fact that some languages
do use quite long words) you'll run soon into the problem of missing vertical
space for all the text. That's why the current solution (icons) was chosen.

Regards,
 Tackat