List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: [KMAIL ICON]
From:       Edoardo Causarano <curious.corn () katamail ! com>
Date:       2001-12-09 22:47:51

Alle 23:14, domenica 9 dicembre 2001, antialias ha scritto:
> Kmail has an excellent icon, and I don't think we need replacement for
> default one (one of the best application icons we have). But, many
> people like to experiment, so I would recommend that you upload your
> icon to http://www.kde-look.org and see reaction. I don't know if your
> icon looks like MacOSX mail icon, and if it is true you will have great
> response there. People are crazy about Windows or MacOSX look & feel.
>
> If you are interested in creating icons for kde subscribe also to
> kde-artists mailing list :)
>
> Regards,
>
> antialias

I'm fine with the orange E but on some list somebody griped about his
girlfriend not realizing what that big E stood for. So I thought... until M$
attempts to substiture the @ in email adrresses with some 'innovative' new
symbol (say & ;-) all emails in the world have that. As far as acqua is
concerned I just say phong's tutorials only show how to do a 'plastic letter'
;-) Ok, let's make it orange (to keep with the tradition ;-)

Seriously, E stands for email and in Italy people are finally starting to say
email instead of 'posta elettronica' but then... what's more inequivocable
than an '@' ?

Just my 2c...