List:       kde-look
Subject:    Maybe a good idea : Konqi Desktop Buddy
From:       "Beumer" <beumer0 () chello ! nl>
Date:       2001-11-26 9:55:24

Hi,

At the time of writing i just got a good idea for a feature of future releases of \
KDE. However i'm not a Qt/KDE developer, i think with the current modules of Qt, \
there is more there can be done with this API then currently used. For instance, the \
OpenGL modules seems very intresesting.

I think, adressing the look-n-feel issue, KDE misses something like a so-called \
"desktop buddy" like the MS Office suite has the "paperclip" wizzard. Why not making \
a simple Konqi desktop application?

My idea was to animate a the nice green dragon to a simple (GIF/ANI/FLI/Whatever) and \
let the developers among program the functionality of letting the creature do the \
"run..." command, as well as some help function or perhaps a complete replacement for \
the "KDE Menu". Like i said before, (realtime)rendering of the creature with the \
OpenGL module in Qt, looks like a great feature too.

A desktopbuddy in form of Konqi, would greatly personalize the K Desktop Environment, \
and could make it even more popular as is already is.

Please tell me what you think of my little brainstorm,

With kind regards,

Marcel Beumer.