List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: Pop-up alert dialogs.
From:       Dave Leigh <dave.leigh () cratchit ! org>
Date:       2001-11-19 13:24:17

On Monday 19 November 2001 08:19, Mariusz Pekala wrote:
> Hello,
> There is a bug (well... kind of) in the general idea of pop-up windows. As
> you may be interested in this issue, please consider the following:
>
> Imagine this: you write a letter. Suddenly a pop-up widow pops-up and takes
> keyboard focus.
> You didn't noticed and pressed a Return key. The only thing you noticed was
> disappearing window with some very, very important notice. Now you think -
> what was that???

You should check the mail list archives. We discussed this in detail some
months ago.

Among the solutions discussed was a messaging component that would provide an
icon in the system tray. Clicking on it would display a list of non-critical
messages.  Critical messages should continue to interrupt the user as they
currently do.

--
dave.leigh@cratchit.org
http://www.cratchit.org

One man's Mede is another man's Persian.
		-- George M. Cohan