List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Fwd: KDE 2.2 upgrade
From:       "Akar th' 'orrible" <akar () optusnet ! com ! au>
Date:       2001-09-05 18:21:57

On Mon, 3 Sep 2001 22:35, Brett I.Holcomb wrote:
> Okay.  Given that I've installed 2.2 can I go back, do as you state,
> then reinstall KDE 2.2 (using the -i switch insted of -u)?  Since I
> have a lot of apps (Kmail, Knode, Konqueror, etc.) that have info in
> ~/.kde2 what files is it critical that I get rid of - I assume any
> dcop files and clean out /tmp - are there any more.  Or will I have
> have to rename the current ~/.kde2 and then copy my app files back
> into it ?

There is no reason to reinstall, you should just rename that directory
so that KDE can regenerate it. Your Mail folders are already separate
and you can copy over the rc files from the old .kde/share/config for
kmail, kppp, knode and probably a lot of others. I think the dangerous
ones are the panel, window manager, session manager stuff and prob a
few others. Clean the dcop files and tmp and all should be right.

--
Regards,

Andrew