List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] xsane and kde2.2
From:       Bob Ramsey <rramsey () soli ! inav ! net>
Date:       2001-09-04 17:35:39

I'm running KDE 2.2 on an Athlon 850, Via board with build in USB, 256 megs
of ram, 256 megs of swap space, around 1 gig available on the partition
that contains /tmp, and an Epson Perfection 1200U scanner.  When I scan
images at around 600 dpi or better, resulting in a >30 meg tiff file, xsane
just hangs.  It stops responding to the system for about 5 minutes and then
comes back with a read error.  On the exact same system, I can use Sawfish
(startx Sawfish) and scan pictures >50 megs with no problem for hours on end.

I'm not really looking for a fix or anything, running Sawfish is fine with
me, but I just thought that any developer's on the list might want to know
this.  It appears to be a KDE issue since other window managers don't have
this problem.  I posted on the sane message group as well and they seemed
to think it wasn't sane or xsane.